Coonley parents and community friends, on behalf of the FOC, PTO, administration, and LSC, we thank you for your amazing support over the last year. Spring Fling and Pride Stride were both record-breaking fundraising events, and we couldn’t have done it without your help.
We want you to know that we are committed to keeping our school exceptional, a place where kids love to learn and grow. While it is unsettling to read about the CPS fiscal crisis, we are optimistic that it will be resolved. We are ready to deal with whatever comes our way and will continue to work for our children and our school. We are also excitedly looking forward to another great year ahead.
In the meantime, we want to more visibly promote all that makes Coonley so extraordinarily special. If you are on social media, please like FOC and share and comment on our posts tagged with #committedtoCoonley.
Over a decade of success
Thanks to your incredible commitment and support of Coonley, our fundraising over the last 11 years has enriched the school with a wealth of enhancements:
– Academics – full-time Spanish positions, math and literacy assistants, and an enriched social studies curriculum
– Science and technology – technology assistant, stocked iPad cart, SmartBoard technology, equipment for the Interactive Science Center
– Music and drama – musical instruments, a free-standing stage, full sound system, stage curtains, and lighting
–Library and reading – Library books, furniture and software, multimedia equipment, school-wide leveled library
– Fine arts – art kiln and art room furniture
– Facilities – air conditioning and classroom and office equipment
A jewel of a school
Together we have created a jewel of a neighborhood school, with outstanding programs, facilities, and resources that very few other schools have, in or out of Chicago. The three academic programs – Neighborhood, Options, and Special Education – work in unison to offer well-rounded academic and social experiences for our diverse population of students. Beyond that, we are so lucky to have a committed, engaged administration and teaching staff and a highly involved community of parents and neighbors who deeply care about our school.
Again, we are grateful for your support. Thank you!